You probably know about Subway Surfers and Garena Free Fire by now. But did you know they were among the most downloaded games on Google Play and Apple App Store in May?
There were a total of 4.8 billion downloads of mobile apps on iOS and the Google play store. Mobile apps saw a decrease of 1 percent from year to year comparison. India being the top market for mobile apps led the downloads with a 19% share of total downloads. The USA was in the second position in this list with 8.4% downloads followed by Brazil with 7.9% downloads.
According to May data, Subway Surfers and Garena Free Fire were the top most downloaded games on Playstore and Apple App store combined. There was a total of 56 million installs which is a 30% increase in year-to-year comparison for Subway surfer and a 50% increase for Garena Free Fire.
Subway Surfer is a fun game that was downloaded 30 million times in May 2022.
In this game, you have to run from Inspector and his dog who are following you to arrest. You can use Hoverboard to run fast and collect coins while running. There are multiple support items along the track to help you get away and collect more coins. Support items have specific times of activation in which they give you different abilities. Here is the list of those items:
- Jetpack: It helps you to jump in the sky and collect the coins there. While you are in the air, you do not face any obstacles.
- Magnet: It helps you collect all the coins which come in your way during that time period.
- Sneakers: These shoes are the best way to avoid obstacles and jump higher than normal./li>
- Multiplier: All coins you collect in this time period get multiplied.
- Hoverboard: It helps you in avoiding obstacles automatically while skating on track smoothly for 30 seconds.
These are a few cool features of Subway Surfers, you can get it for Android or iOS from below.
Garena Free Fire
Free Fire is 2nd in the list of most downloaded games in May 2022.
It is an action-based game with 10 minutes on the map. You join a team of 4 players with a common goal of killing enemies and surviving the zone. You receive daily challenges along with missions to complete in the time period of Elite Pass. There are 5 game modes in Garena Free Fire.
- Team Deathmatch: This mode is mostly used for a practice where your target is to kill as many foes as possible within a specific time period.
- Survival: In this mode, your target is to survive the enemy waves for a specific time period, The more enemies you kill, the more loot will be collected.
- Bounty Hunters: This mode is unique among all, your goal is not to kill the enemies but to collect loot boxes to be at the top./li>
- Heist: Two times fight against each other over the safe full of money bags. One team is the attacker and the other is a defender.
- Squad: This is the most played mode of the game. You can join a team of friends or randoms to fight with enemies.
There are all types of weapons ranging from melee to range ones which make this game more exciting and fun!